Failed Back Surgery
Sometimes patients of back surgery will visit a chiropractor for help if their problems still persist. This is rather unfortunate, seeing as the symptoms the patient is feeling could have been addressed by the chiropractor prior to going through surgery.
Common causes of back injury include:
- Overuse injuries – Injuries that occur due to everyday activities such as housework or exercise.
- Acute or traumatic injuries – Injuries that occur unexpectedly such as a fall, vehicular accident, or sports injury. If it feels like you may have sustained a traumatic injury, it is important that you DO NOT move until help arrives.
- Spinal Fractures – One of the most serious types of back injuries. Whole some people who sustain a spinal fracture can eventually return to normal activities, less fortunate can be left paralyzed. If a fracture occurs that only damages the spinal column without affecting the spinal chord, it is likely that paralysis will be avoided.
If you have incurred a back injury and experience any of the following symptoms, please seek immediate medical attention:
- Numbness or tingling in the groin, buttocks, or legs
- Crushing pain in the chest
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Signs of shock
- Weakness in the legs
Leave a Comment